Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 15 cookies.
- 3 cups pastry flour
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 0.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (8 ounces or 228 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 0.5 cups granulated sugar
- 1.5 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs or egg whites
- 1.5 cups semisweet chocolate chips
In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the butter, sugar, until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla, beating well to combine. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoon-sized balls and place onto prepared baking sheets. Freeze for 24 hours.
Line baking sheets with nonstick baking mats or parchment paper. Put the cookies on the sheet and into the oven, starting up the oven right when the cookies are put it–set the temperature to 350 F. Bake for 20 minutes including the warm up time.