Makes about 12 servings.
- 5 pounds golden potatoes
- 1 package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 pint sour cream
- 0.5 cups milk
- 0.5 stick unsalted butter
- 3 medium size cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons white pepper
- optional: horseradish sauce
Peel potatoes and add to a large pot. Fill pot with enough water to cover potatoes. Boil for 40 minutes then drain water. Mash potatoes with a potato ricer. Add cream cheese, milk, sour cream, butter, salt, and pepper. Press garlic and add. Mix thoroughly and serve.
Add more salt and pepper to taste. Add horseradish sauce mixed in or on the side for a great added flavor and a third type of heat besides the garlic and pepper.
Sometimes you need mashed potatoes. Could be a holiday, could be you have this huge bag of potatoes you bought and they are starting to grow sprouts. Whatever your reason, when the time comes try these out. They are about the best mashed potatoes I’ve ever tasted and I’ve had quiet a few dolops of potatoes in my day.
Updated July 14, 2022
- shortened title, removing ‘best’
- moved recipe to top, story to bottom
- added #recipe tag
- added ingredients list
- edited to make it easier to read
- added horseradish sauce option